If you are missing several teeth or a complete arch of teeth, carefully crafted dentures can replace the function and appearance of your natural teeth. Our denture technicians handcraft dentures based on the dentist’s prescription, following a thorough assessment and analysis of your mouth. Our natural-looking complete dentures are comfortable and designed to fit perfectly. If you only have a few missing teeth, a partial denture can be made to fill the gap.
Edward Byrne offers a wide range of partial and complete dentures to suit each individual’s requirements and budget. We recommend implant-retained dentures for patients that want rock-solid dentures that don’t slip. The Placement of two to four dental implants in the upper or lower jaw can secure a denture firmly in place.
What are the advantages of implant-retained dentures?
Most denture wearers will agree that the main disadvantage of regular dentures is that they often shift position. This causes discomfort, affects speech, and limits the types of food you can eat. Implant-retained dentures have several advantages, including:
- They feel more like your natural teeth.
- You can eat crunchy foods such as apples or raw carrots as they are more secure.
- Up to 100% of your mouth’s chewing capability can be restored.
- They are more comfortable to wear.
- There is no need for any dental adhesives.
- Your gums won’t become sensitive because of denture movement.
- Dental implants can prevent further bone density loss.